Pages

Thursday 11 September 2014

Grace Ryles Interview!

Today Grace Ryles answers some questions about being herself and her writing. Then read the blurb from her latest book 'Claiming Her Temporary Men!'





        What is your favourite type of hero?
My favourite type of hero is one that shows growth from the beginning of the story, to the ending. So heroes who are damaged, broody and have their own sets of demons are the type of hero’s I am drawn to, both in my writing and books that I read. Growth is very important for me, I want the hero to go through their trials and tribulations to ultimately have their whole world change and become this different person at the end.
       
      Who are your favourite authors?
This is the hardest question I think anyone has ever asked me. I am a super fan girl and I have hundreds of favourite, will always one-click authors. Before I actually journey to have my first book published, on my spare time I devoured book after book. But in all fairness I am going to name my top 10 authors in no particular order. I love all of these authors equally and I know that no matter what I am going to fall in love with the story.
1.       Heather Rainier
2.      Sophie Oak/Lexi Blake
3.      Shayla Black
4.      Maya Banks
5.      R.K. Lilley
6.      Jenika Snow
7.      Sylvia Day
8.      Sam Crescent
9.      Cherise Sinclair
10.     Cara Covington

          What lead you to becoming an author?
Writing to me was something that was second nature. I loved creating worlds and characters that would act out my wildest imaginations. Even from a young age, I wrote erotic content. Mostly it featured teenagers engaging the pleasures of sex, drugs and alcohol. But somewhere along the lines it changed and became something more. Romance became the forefront and instead of one man it became two men, sharing the one woman that was meant to be theirs. It wasn’t until my husband read some of my work, that I knew I found the change in career I had been looking for. My husband encouraged me to complete and publish my first book Second Chance at Love and continues to support me in my word creations. 

 What advice would you give other authors? Or the best tip anyone ever told you about writing?
Of Course, I would say write and keep writing. Don’t give up if this is what you want to do. Not everyone is going to like what you create, god knows it hurts to hear, but keep on going. It just takes that one person to say ‘your writing helped me through a bad time in my life’ to make it all worth it.
    

          What is the first book you remember reading?
I don’t exact remember what book was the first I’ve ever read, but I do remember the first series. I’m sure as a young girl most of us have read The Babysitter’s Club. Those were my absolute favourite books when I was younger, next to Goosebumps. I have an extremely eclectic reading style. I love all different genres and as long as it contains an HEA then I will read it.
   

         What is your favourite quote?
My favourite quote comes from, Marianne Williamson’s Return to Love Novel.  The words resonate with me for many reasons, one of which is that we all are our own brick wall. We either by conscious actions or unconscious actions prevent ourselves from achieving greatness, because we are scared of what that greatness can mean for ourselves and the world around us.
 "...Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

       If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I think this is my favourite questions. Hands down if I could live anywhere in the world, I would choose London or Paris. There is something about the French culture that I absolutely adore and of course France is a country for lovers.
  
           What is your biggest pet peeve?
This is a weird one! My biggest pet peeve would be when the label is not facing forward in the pantry. I know I am super crazy, lol. But for me my pantry has to be completely organized. That means that cans are grouped together and all the labels have to face outwards. If they are turned just a little bit, it drives me bonkers. I blame my mother for this one. She is a complete neat freak. Love you mom.

       If you had to choose to give up one, which would it be, alcohol, chocolate or sex?
Oooo I love easy questions! If I had to give up one of the above it would be alcohol. Heck I could even give up chocolate. I know the assumption is that all women love chocolate, but I can definitely do without. In terms of alcohol, I don’t drink normally so that would be so easy. Now giving up sex, I could never ever do that.

            Do you like cheese?
Absolutely! I love cheese, every single type of cheese. The only downside is that I cannot eat any kinds of dairy or wheat without some bad side effects. But I have learned over the years that if I have just a little bit, I can tolerate it better. 






Buy Links:
Contact Links:
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/GraceRylesAuthor
 

No comments:

Post a Comment